August’s Model of the Month is Temiah! Temiah has modeled with SmartGlamour multiple times – including two runway shows! Read below to learn more about her.
1. Aside from occasionally modeling for SmartGlamour – what do you do?
I am an urban fashion model and have been featured in magazines such as Queen Size and Victorious Award Magazine. I also test shoot with photographers frequently on creative projects. Aside from modeling my day job is a social worker, helping those less fortunate or disabled. I love to help people and I have a caring and loving heart; it is why I went for this field
2. How did you get involved with the brand?
I saw the ad to model for SmartGlamour and applied. What caught my attention was there was no restrictions on body shapes, sizes or height. Once I was asked to come in for the casting, I did some research and found the website; I instantly fell in love with what the brand stood for: encouraging everyone to embrace themselves and stating that beauty comes in all different shapes and sizes. The models looked like they were having so much fun and the clothes looked so tasteful and classy.
3. You’ve modeled for us multiple times – what makes you continue to come back?
You would be out your mind not to want to come back haha! Being a part of such a positive movement is everything. Change starts with one, we make the steps and it can inspire a nation.
4. What does body positivity mean to you?
Embracing yourself, accepting that we are not all the same, feeling comfortable in your own skin, no body shaming and loving yourself.
5. If there is a message you could put across to other women through your modeling photos – what would that be?
Don’t be afraid to be yourself. It is one of the best representations of beauty.
6. What is your advice to other people who would like to give modeling a try?
Go for it! Its super fun and you never know what will be unleashed when your in front of the lens.