Next up in our Model of the Month Series is Meredith Hertlein. Meredith is not just the sister of our designer, Mallorie Carrington – but also a huge supporter of the brand. She has been modeling since our first Look Book in Spring 2014 and is a constant feature in every collection. Meredith and Mallorie chose their favorite photos of Meredith to feature!
1. Aside from occasionally modeling for SmartGlamour – what do you do day to day?
2. How did you get involved with the brand?
3. You’ve modeled for us multiple times – aside from being the designers sister, what makes you continue to come back?
I come back to the brand because the clothes look amazing on me, are easy to wear, and yet are still fun and fashionable. I come back to modeling mostly because it’s fun and it gives me a chance to be Meredith instead of “Mom.”
4. What does body positivity mean to you? Has modeling for us changed your relationship with your own body?
I started modeling with Smartglamour and taking ballet at roughly the same time. I feel like both have helped me strengthen my poise, stature, and posture and given me a direct injection of self-confidence. I worry a lot less about what others may see as “wrong” with me physically because anyone who has those mean nasty critiques are not even attempting to know the real me and must not have anything better to do than pick someone a part.
5. If there is a message you could put across to other women through your modeling photos – what would that be?
6. What is your advice to other women who would like to give modeling a try?