Our next Model of the Month is Christina! Christina first modeled for our #MiracleMomBods campaign last year. Since then – she has participated in #InYourSize and our Fall 2016 collection shoot + runway show. Learn more about her below!
1. Aside from occasionally modeling for SmartGlamour – what do you do? I have been a middle school teacher…this is my 15th year! I am also a mother to two amazing boys, ages 5 and 8, and a wife to a great partner for almost 10 years.
2. How did you get involved with the brand? I am fortunate enough to know Mallorie (SG designer) from when she was a child. Her oldest sister and I have been best friends since the 7th grade. I saw she was looking for supporters from its infancy and was drawn to its message from the start. I was so excited about what she was doing to change a mindset that affected so many women! I invited her to come and speak to some of my students for career day a few years ago. I had to work myself up to being comfortable modeling.
3. You’ve modeled for us multiple times – what makes you continue to come back? First of all, the clothes are amazing and make me feel amazing! My children were so excited to see a video of mommy as a model. I share my experiences with my students. I have a lot of fun with these amazing, confident, and diverse women I get to meet while modeling. It gives you a charge to help you go out and take on the world!
4. What does body positivity mean to you? Its knowing that I am not made wrong. Its sharing myself with the world on my own terms in a body that is special and mine. It is not thinking about what to improve, but how to embrace myself as much as I embrace other people’s beauty. Finding beauty all around me has never been a challenge. It is a lot more challenging continuing to see it in myself.
5. If there is a message you could put across to other people through your modeling photos – what would that be? I am a happy person who is a wonderful mix of many unique qualities yet may look like someone they know (maybe even themselves). Life is about enjoying it with people who you want to enjoy it with.
6. What is your advice to other people who would like to give modeling a try? Do it!!! I was very nervous about showing myself to the world (enter self doubt here). Once I did it though, I left feeling empowered. How often can you go into something and get so much out of it? The beautiful clothing is definitely a plus!